Saturday, June 19, 2010

On to Nanchang


Hey it's Robert here again. I have taken control of the laptop this morning. The birds are chirping and it's 5:19 am Sunday morning. The sun is up but not really showing yet through the morning haze. Today will be an interesting one as we are getting ready to leave here at ND for Nanchang. Yesterday was a day of departures, a lot of the staff and students left for various reasons, some for meetings and business, some going on to other places, and Matt was put on a train in the late afternoon to meet us in Nanchang tomorrow. So, we ended up here pretty much by ourselves in the afternoon after our time with Matt. I'm a little on the nervous side as I'm not sure how today will go. We are suppose to have a car and driver take us to the airport at some time between 08:00 and 08:30. But today has not be as scheduled out as the rest of our time here and I'm thinking that the driver is going to drop us off and we will have to get through Beijing airport on our own. Which I'm sure we will manage but I just hope we get through security, check-in, and to our gate without the need of a translator. This may be a test of Melissa's mad Chinese language skills. I know it will all workout in the end, just how I'm not sure. So, looking ahead and putting the past behind I will press on to the goal, Nanchang and meeting Matt, not as an orphan anymore but as my son.

1 comment:

jonathanandme said...

will be praying.
jamera