Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 3 in Nanchung

Thanks for all the prayers. Matt had a better night getting to sleep last night. He avoided Robert's bear hug technique last night and hopped in bed with me and eventually fell asleep with no tears. He seems to want to make sure I am in eye sight all the time. He is also beginning to share his food with us. All goods signs of starts of trust and bonding. He is also trying really hard to say English words. When he gets tired, he just wants to sit in my lap and sing his preschool songs with the cd's I brought. Karen and Carrie, please pass this along to Sara...this is how good our Papa is...the cd's I bought right before the trip are the exact ones they use in preschool...same brand and everything...what are the chances of that except by His divine grace. Mine do not have the video portion but the music is identical! He gets so excited to hear the intro to each song he knows and wants to do them over and over. I am so thankful, as I know the familiarity is comforting to him.

I think this BIG city life is a little overwhelming to him too. There is lots of noise and action and stares everywhere we go. I don't blame him...it gets a little bit intense for me as well. When I think about his living quarters for the past three years, I think our hotel room and playing toys on the floor is a pretty happy place for him where he knows his boundaries.

Well, Matt just woke up...so I'm off. I will have CJ post some pictures of our trip into the walking street last night. It was quite an adventure. Please keep in your prayers for all our sleep, Matt's grieving and adjustment, and our communication skills...especially when we're tired. Love to all!!

No comments: