Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Word on the wall..

So, tonight was the start of Word on the wall at Family Fellowship. I say "start" because we really don't plan on painting over it right away. Each person got to choose their own section of wall and could chose up to 3 scriptures that are meaningful to them. The kids thought is was pretty cool to be able to write on the wall. Ruthie told me I must be a pretty good Mom because this is the first time she has EVER written on the wall:O) That was nice...I'll keep that in mind for when I have those days where I feel like a not so great Mom. Esther's section of wall was by far the most filled in at the end. She did lots of patterns like you see above over and over and over...then added circles...then hand smears...and she liked the pencil sharpener to get her pencil ready to start over again. By the end, I thought it looked pretty cosmic...so I assigned her scripture as Gen 1:1

CJ chose two scripture passages...one from Joshua about leading and the other from Luke about humility. He likes to write dark...so he may need some triple coats over his.

Evan, our other lefty, added some art work with his selections. He did one of my faves...Phil 4:13.


Ruthie has John 3:16, 17 memorized...so she decided on those.



Rob is probably the only one who could have written here due to his height. He picked another of my life verses from James 1:2...which will be a great one to see each time I go down the stairs.

I will tell you...since we have committed to Family Fellowship on Sunday evenings...it has been interesting to note the opposition that has come up...arguements, fussyness, things that seem more important. I believe for a family to unite and come together around God's Word and Fellowship time must be something the enemy hates. We will continue to persevere in His strength (Phil 4:13).


2 comments:

Jill said...

How fun! We did this when we remodeled our kitchen. While we still had open studs our whole family wrote out prayers and scripture on the open spaces. It was right before we went to China so many of the verses were about Ella. I really believe that the Lord honors those things. As I look back at what we wrote (we took pictures) He has fulfilled and continues to fulfill all those thing we wrote. "Write them on your doorposts..."

Anonymous said...

This is one of the more special fellowships you have shared. I'm inspired to lok up the different scriptures.