Monday, March 9, 2009

News Flash!!

Hi! I'm cute and I'm 2.5 years old and I don't know it yet, but my life is soon about to change!

We are on the ad@pti#n trail again! For those of you who know our story of the Josephs...this is the original little Joseph who came into our lives 1.5 years ago, but we weren't ready to pursue him at that time. He and Esther are the same age and it just seemed overwhelming to contemplate twin one year olds. This little guy came back into our lives several weeks ago now when our ad@pti#n doors closed in the direction we thought we were heading. I guess the saying when the Lord closes one door He may open a window comes into play. Anyway, this little guy has a pretty cool story of how it seems he was set aside for just this timing. If you would like me to email you how the Lord has put this story together thus far, just let me know as I would love to...it is just too specific of information to be included on a blog. Interestingly enough...the Lord has given us a new name...it won't be Joseph!

6 comments:

Jill said...

His smile so much reminds me of Esther! Congratulations!

Mel said...

yeah...me too

Jamie said...

Congratulations!!! What a cutie! I would love to hear how God is working all this out. I'll be praying for all of you during this life-changing time.

Jamie

Anonymous said...

How sad to feel you need to fulfill your mothering needs with another child. God has given you 4beautiful children. Don't put their needs second to the needs of a child that God will care for, eventhough you are not available for this child. God's work is indeed mysterious, but should not be mistaken as your work. There are 4 children and a husband who need your emotional support as well as your financial support. This is nothing to congratulate you for, but something for you to ponder. Realize that a mother's position is an important one and should not be foresaken to "SAVE" a child that God will take care of even if you cannot. The financial burden and suffering your family would go through is not what my God wants for you. I say this as a friend, although I can not say it to your face.

Ginger said...

Melissa, I don't know who posted the comment above me, but I want to encourage you that God does not expect us to live our lives according to someone else's idea for us. He has His own plan for you, and He only reveals it to you and Robert. God is quite capable of enabling you and your family to take in another child and still take care of each other. Don't be discouraged by the negative comments of others! Yes, God could take care of a child even if you cannot, but He will use a person to do it. He works through people. If you feel He wants to work through you, don't let anyone discourage you. I am reminded of 1 Cor. 15:58...I changed one word, but I don't think it changes the meaning of the verse at all.

"Therefore, my beloved Melissa, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labor is not in vain in the Lord."

Missing you...
Praying for you...
Waiting for you update...

Ginger

godsgood77 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.