Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Time to think and ponder...


So, we returned home from our trip and I found myself in the ER a few days later after running high fevers and my right ear flaming red and swollen and the redness spreading across my face. They never really could figure out the source but postured that I was exposed to some bacteria on my ipod on the plane and inserting it in and out of my ear I slightly scratched the skin and the bacteria entered? Who knows? Anyway they treated me with high dose IV antibiotics, followed by more at home, and then my regular doctor followed up with another antibiotic to cover other bacteria. The infection has spread, receded, spread, receded, with fevers and swelling and pretty much whooped my energy levels to zero. I am claiming I am on the mends now, but am still really tired. Had to cancel out on a really fun staff trip and conference.

So, what is the high point of all this? I have had a few opportunities like this in my life where I have been sat on my butt and given time to think and ponder. The blessing of times like this is time to evaluate, appreciate, speculate, and change one's persective on things that may have needed a little re-ordering in priority land or things that may have been taken for granted and need a dose of gratitude. Perspective is one of the things I totally get to choose how I will view and interpret the happenings of this life. As I look through the pinhole in the fence and see a limited view, The Lord looks above, around, and beyond me with a 4 dimentional view I will never experience on this side of Heaven. In Him I trust!

3 comments:

Jill said...

So glad you are feeling a little better. I sure wish you would have posted a picture though ;o)

You are still in my prayers!

Beth said...

I am so sorry that you have been sick. You are in my prayers.

Pamela said...

Sorry to hear you have been so sick. Yuck! But I admire you for turning it into an opportunity to reflect and reconsider. I think we all can benefit from doing that once and awhile.