Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Matthias Update...Age 6

Updates on Matthias:
First, I must apologize that it has been so long in blogging.  Especially to members at New Day who so faithfully pray and love on their kids...I am sorry I have been remiss.

Matt is now 6 years old and has started kinder.  As you can tell by his photo and those who remember him...he has not stopped loving to be the center of attention!  He is such a smart guy that he was accepted in our local dual language program and is learning in both English and Spanish.

Matt goes in for his first big surgery since coming home 2.5 years ago.  We will travel tomorrow to Shriners Hospital in Portland which is where the cleft team is located.  They will be doing bone grafting from hip bone into one of his palate openings, a palatoplasty (attaching a soft palate using Matt's mouth tissue?) and putting in tubes. This will be the first of several surgeries done over the next several years to try and build up bone in his palate.  We would sure love to have your prayers covering him and for a fast recovery. 

Other than that, Matt is a healthy, vibrant, busy, busy boy!!  Did I say busy?  He still loves to be our little ambassador and invite people into our home and greet people at church.  He also loves to be in charge of most things...we are sure he is future CEO material!!

Thanks for your prayers on his behalf!!

No comments: