Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sadie Hawkins Plus a Need for Prayer...


I will start with the fun photo of my son CJ with his Sadie Hawkins date. It was an 80's theme...they are so cute and they had a great time...they are great friends!!
The need for prayer I am asking is for my complete healing. Two weeks ago I went to the ER after two rounds of antibiotics battling a sinus infection. By the time I went to ER I had a tremendous headache. It turns out my infection had gone septic and I had bacterial spinal meningitis. The docs said if I had come even 6 hours later I would not have made it. I spent 8 days in the hospital and was released 1 week ago to come home. My recovery has been slow, but hopeful. I walked in to see one of the specialists the other day and he told me I was a walking miracle for all I am able to do all ready. I have tremendous headaches each day and have antibiotic therapy several times a day at home. There have been so many sweet people who have come to our aid with meals, rides for kids, taking the kids out etc...it has been a blessing to feel all the love that has been poured upon us.
My Mom flew in to help and will be leaving next Wed. This will be the true test when she leaves...I pray I am more functional by then. I believe the Lord is going to completely restore me through some scripture He gave me before this all happened. So, I would surely appreciate agreement in prayer on that end.
My second prayer request really is for Matt and Ess. This whole thing has been very unsettling and confusing for them to have me away for a week and sick in bed and not able to interact with them like usual. Meningitis has side effects of sensory overload so I just can't take alot of noise or light or jostling...so it is tough to interact even for short periods with high energy four year olds. Please pray for them for peace and security in their hearts through this season of recovery. Thanks so much for your prayers!!!

2 comments:

TanyaLea said...

That is REALLY scary. I'm dealing with a sinus infection myself. It's been hanging on tuff for a week now and the headaches have been the worst. Noise, music (especially 'base' notes), bright light (even too much from tv and computer) and even the motor on the ceiling fan, all seem to irritate me. I was thinking I should probably head to the Dr for an antibiotic myself. I am notoriously SLOW to going to the Dr for anything for myself. For the kids, I won't hesitate. But for me, I tend to wait and wait and wait... (you get the picture!) I had NO idea that bacterial manengitis could even become of such an infection. That is SO scary!

I'm PRAISING GOD that He pulled you through this and that you are still here... your family needs you, your children need you! How truly frightening and eye-opening to how serious things can become. I had an infection like this before we traveled to China to NewDay for Khloe last year, and had to go on a double z-pak to whipe it out of my system... I actually finished it while in China, but it worked for me. I'm praying that's all it takes this time, too. KNOW that you will be in my thoughts and prayers for a full and fast recovery. Glad to hear you have help with the kiddos; I'm sure it's hard not having mama's full attention.

Get well SOON and God bless you and be with you as you recover!

Sending BIG HUGS your way! <><

Blessings,
~Tanya

Mel said...

Thanks TanyaLea...I sure appreciate your prayers. I hope you head in to the doc too!! God bless you!