The last 4 weeks have held so many changes for Matt. I have been looking through the many pictures that New Day blessed us with from when Matt first came to stay with them. He was only an infant when he arrived and left there a full fledged preschooler only a month ago. I put some pictures here of Matt with his new sibs, but was struck by the many photos I saw of he and Phillip, (posted below) his foster brother of over 2 years at New Day. These boys shared a special relationship as was evident in the photos I have been looking through. I am so thankful for how Matt has given his heart fully to Rob and I and his brothers and sisters. He has certainly learned how to give and receive love in his 3 years. If you could see the way he tackles and karate chops his big brothers, seeks Ruthie for reading to him and even playing with her Barbies, and how he and Esther romp and stomp in the yard...it would make you smile. We pray for his foster family often and are so thankful for the staff and families that are part of New Day...for it is clear to us that the love he received there at New Day, he has been able to share with his new family...us!



This is by far one of my favorites of he and Phillip...two sweet boys riding in their wagon together to and from preschool!
3 comments:
We are SO thankful for New Day too! Our Kevin has given us his love so freely, and I know it's because he was SO loved at New Day!
Matt looks so happy!
Just read your latest blog entry about visions. Thanks for you honesty about visions and new normals...we are just starting our doctor journeys with some unexpected turns and are still adjusting to our own New normal.
Hi There!!! We are Evan's family...adopted him in April of this year.
We too are SO thankful for New Day...Evan is the MOST loving child I know. His spirit is so tender, sweet and forgiving, yet he is as rambunctious as the next boy.
I love the pics of he and Phillip. Evan likes to have pics of his mei mei, Polly on display, and I love it. He was so tender to her in China, and still loves her so very much to this day.
Matt looks so happy and well adjusted...like he's been in your family forever.
Post a Comment