Sunday, July 11, 2010

A sweet little face...

Caught this sweet picture while we were doing some errands and took an eating break. Esther's cheek is just on the edge. These two are never very far apart. Matt is really adjusting quite well. He is a 100% sort of kid. When we were in China he grieved 100% percent for his foster mama and foster brother. We would look at the albums of our family and his foster family and he would cry himself to sleep many nights. Since we have been home he insists that I lay in bed with him and he snuggles in and goes to sleep. He wakes up happy, takes a good nap and is busy...did I say busy...let's say extremely busy all day long. He is learning boundaries as well as picking up new words in English each day. The part I praise the Lord most for is he has 100% percent given us his heart. I have no worries of attachment issues as we did with Esther. I know the struggles of attachment issues as we prayed through the heart of them for 18 months with Esther and still pray over her in regards to fears and internal struggles that my love and hugs can't fix. So, Matt giving us his heart 100% is truly a gift I am thankful for...maybe that is one of the many reasons the Lord gave us his name...Matthias...gift of God:O)

1 comment:

TanyaLea said...

...a sweet little face, indeed!

I found your blog link from the NewDay blog... I love reading about Khloe's fellow brothers and sisters from NDFH and how they are doing in their new homes.

It's wonderful to read about how well Matt is doing and how he has given his heart to you 100%...truly a blessing! It's been the same way for us with Khloe... she really hasn't done any grieving that we can tell since China. I know that is NOT the norm for these kiddos, but we had so many people praying for a divine connection ...not to mention the wonderful love and care they received at NewDay, which allows our kiddos to bond so much better! God is good!!

Congratulations on your latest addition! You have a beautiful family and it's clear that Matt is in a wonderful, Christ-centered home!! <><

Blessings,
~ Tanya