Sunday, April 25, 2010

We Skyped!

So tonight we were able to talk to Matt on skype! What a thrill! This is a picture of him we took from the skype camera while talking to him...too cool! He got to say "hi" to everyone. He was very excited to see Baba, Mama, JieJie (big sister Ruthie) and giggled at Esther. I think he was a little unsure with the boys or may have been running out of attention span by then. It was so precious...I was telling him to have fun at preschool and enjoy singing...and then I started singing "Twinkle Twinkle". He sang the whole song with me...with all the hand motions and everything...it was the sweetest ever!!! It was seven minutes that seemed timeless:O)

6 comments:

Beth said...

What an amazing blessing...I am sure that will go a long way in breaking that first day meeting tension for him. Did you use your Chinese lang. skills or use a translator?

Jill said...

Melissa that is so wonderful! It amazes me that this is allowed and that you have this amazing opportunity to start the bonding process already. God is so good!

Anonymous said...

xxx

Anonymous said...

What a special time for Matt and the E-team. I can sense the joy!!! Loved part about "Twinkle , twinkle!"

Hugs, Mom

The Vickerman's said...

Yeah! That is so awesome! What an awesome gift!

Jamie said...

Wow, Melissa! That is so exciting! What an amazing opportunity!