Thursday, February 18, 2010

Clouds and Epiphany moments

So, the last time I went on a walk...I had a very personal convo. with the Lord...yesterday was no different. I switched to rollerblading this time as my knee is still hurting me from my last hike...bummer! So, there was a cool morning mist as I hit the rollerblade trail and within moments the clouds literally parted and the sun shone down on the pathway as I was rolling along...not unlike the two pictures. As I merrily rolled along, enjoying the beauty of the morning, the birds singing, people of all ages and abilities strolling along, the river beautifully glistening...the Lord spoke to my heart.
What is an epiphany? I thought the picture below captured it perfectly. It is that "a ha" moment when the clouds literally part in our human brain and we suddenly see things from God's perspective. I am writing about this moment here because I don't want to forget this day where the clouds literally did part and His light did shine through ever so brightly and for that small piece of time..."I got it." A glimpse from His perspective into my life, some of my choices, and some of the changes I believe He is prompting me to consider. I cannot write it all down yet as I am still pondering and praying and considering...but it was a sweet moment of knowing how much He loves me that He would personally speak to my heart in a way that I would "get it".




I will end with this scripture as it is one that struck me later as I was reading a book some friends and I are reading together. It ties in with my epiphany moment and has caused me to ponder these words that I had always interpreted in a different way until yesterday. Luke 14:34-35 "Salt is good, but if it loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is fit neither for the soil nor for the manure pile; it is thrown out."
Please pass the salt...

2 comments:

Jill said...

Hoping you will share your epiphany moment next week at dinner.

Anonymous said...

Morning,

Would you believe I just read that scriptue this morning! I took from it, be salt on this earth!