Since I have not written about Evan for a bit...here is his update. He is currently running cross country and is in his final year of middle school...hard for me to believe. He is growing his hair out, is reading books like crazy, and just improved his 2 mile time by over 1 minute. The pics that follow are of an event held this weekend in our fair cities celebrating the landing of two very famous explorers. Evan is part of a group called, Frontier Christian Fellowship, where they earn a name by passing certain events set up in frontier times. They learn how people lived in frontier times and start to become skilled in one of the trades of the times. Sous Chef Evan, of course, chose cooking!! So, over the past 3 days, he has been cooking over an open fire and tending coals and making brownies in a pan for visitors who come by his booth. The recipe he is using is from 1835...no eggs or milk required:O) Go Evan!

Here is Evan and his buddy J. after a long day manning their booths. J. got to work at the blacksmith booth. Evan and J. are sleeping in a tent only 80 feet from where these two famous explorers landed.

Evan donning his frontier's man shirt, beads, and neck collar earned in trading at an event last year. He also is holding his "mouse axe", given to him by the man who sponsored him during his "orienteering week" and "name earning ceremony". The mouse axe was used to hide up one's sleeve in case it might be needed. And here I thought "they cut off their tails with a carving knife."

Here is E-man heading into the home stretch at his first meet. I was so excited that I took the picture too quick on sport rapid fire setting...taking two of the three shots of just grass...and by the time I could set it again he was gone. Ah well!
1 comment:
You have such a busy family. I don't know how you keep up. ;o)
Post a Comment