Saturday, February 5, 2011

Farewell to you faithful Papa!!

A new season in our lives. For everything under Heaven there is a season...a time to mourn, grieve, and cry. This man, Paul, my father in law, made his last trip out to see us this fall...ultimately to say goodbye. We shared a week with him. He exorted our family...especially our teenage boys about their future. He told stories and life lessons and really praised Rob and I in front of the kids letting them know how blessed they are. He was able to watch CJ make his first touchdown of the football season and pump his arm with great fervor and pride. He was such a proud Grandpa! He passed away this week after a courageous battle with pancreatic cancer.
I am so thankful to have these pictures of him with us. Because this is how I want to remember him best. Surrounded by his grandkids of whom he was soooo proud! He loved and was faithful to many people including his wife whom he saw through a several year battle with cancer.
I believe somewhere in each of our hearts is that longing to be home. It's the one we never quite feel like we arrived at here on this earth. We find pieces of it through relationships with loved ones, marriage, children...but ultimately we yearn for this void in our hearts to be filled and strive possibly to do that through many different actions in our lives. Some of us choose high roads and others go through valleys trying to find it. When I was 20 years old, I met Jesus in a time when I was searching for that "something". That void I wanted to fill found love in a Savior who loved with unending love. I am so thankful that Papa is now in the presence of this loving Savior. I'm sure he heard the words from his Father this week, "Well done, my good and faithful servant...well done." I love you Paul and farewell until we meet again!!





No comments: