The pediatric dentist said his one tooth had absyssed and oozed when they entered the pulp. They were able to complete the root canal, but we could sure use some prayer for him that it will take. She (the dentist) said we will know within a month if the tooth will settle.
They also did xrays which we will take to our first cleft team meeting in two weeks. The xrays contained helpful information on the location of his adult teeth. Most likely, he will need surgery again sooner than later, as the xrays revealed the portion where his front baby and adult teeth are located is very fragile and the whole section of tissue and bone is mobile. We are sooo thankful that his adult teeth are in tact and healthy. The pediatric dentist said a big bump to his mouth could have sustained serious damage. We are certain the Lord has watched over him because we see daily his raw enthusiasm and daring "all boy" adventure with which he embraces life. Thank you Lord for watching over your children!!!
We want to thank everyone who was praying out there on behalf of our sweet boy!! He has bounced back very quickly and we are so thankful for a successful surgery and the benefits we are all ready hearing and seeing!!!
[A quick chime-in from Robert: One of the first things Matt wanted to know, once he was fully aware, was if he was going to get to go to CJ's football game that night. He loves to go and root his big brother on at football games. So, sure enough, in the stands that night the dynamic duo of Ess and Matt were cheering CJ's team on to victory! CJ's team is undefeated and now on to the state playoffs and Ess and Matt are ready to cheer them all the way.]
A fun glimpse of our motley crew on Halloween day. I love the diversity and uniqueness of each blessing the Lord has placed in our family...a dancer, a princess, a dinosaur, a sherriff, and a ninja warrior...what does the Lord have in store for each of their unique giftings and talents? What a privelege to team with Him in raising these sweet blessings He has entrusted to our care. 
4 comments:
I so glad to hear all went wel. I hope he's doing fine today. His pics are so sweet!
Hi!
I was redirected to your blog from a Knee Time update from New Day. When I saw Matthais name come though, my heart literally jumped. Last November (2009) when I worked about New Day for about 10 days, I had the enormous pleasure of working with very closely with Matt. I am a family therapist and spend the week with him, going into his foster home, and spending sweet time with him and his foster family. I often think and pray for Matt, and wondered where he had been adopted to. I am so glad I found your blog. You're little boy holds such a special place in my heart!
Blessings,
Lindsey
johnsonlindseyk@gmail.com
How is Matt doing now, post-surgery with some recovery time under his belt? He remains in our thoughts and prayers.
LOVE the photo of him on his 'comfy daddy lounger' ...too cute! He looks so relaxed and secure.
PTL for keeping him covered in His mighty hedge of protecion. What great news to hear that his adult teeth are all in tact. God is faithful!!! <><
Keep us posted on any other specifics we can be praying for your little man. He is so special!
Blessings,
~Tanya
Post a Comment