So, I'm sitting with my 16 year old in the van, while he is using my phone trying to find directions on Mapquest to where he is to meet his date and the rest of the group for his first homecoming formal dance. The question did cross my mind wondering if today's teenagers ever plan anything ahead of 15 minutes from now. In the age of mapquest at their fingertips and "phoning a friend" being only a text away...who needs to know where one might be meeting the 6 other couples for pictures until you get in the van, right?" Enough of my soapbox...at least now you understand the exasperated look on my face. Later, I had moments of wonder and awe as I saw my son looking so handsome and grown up with his very first formal date...but for that moment I could only throw my hands up in the air!

Not many words I can say...they had a great time...they looked dashing...two great young people with much ahead of them!!

So, here are 5 of the 6 couples. One young man's uncle drove them all to dinner in the "party bus". What fun! I was really happy for CJ. It was fun to see him so excited...he even enjoyed dressing up:O) It is fun and hard to watch your kids grow up...what's a mom to do?
No comments:
Post a Comment